TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

LONELY LOCOMOTIVE



Recorded at approximately 1500 Hours minus 15 Minutes on Tuesday 09 August 2011, looking north from the balcony of my room here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, using my tripod mounted Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 digital camera, with a resolution of 7.1 megapixels.

This lone CSX locomotive is westbound on the old Louisville and Nashville Railroad tracks, approaching the crossing at Anniston Avenue.

I was VERY lucky to get this shot, for I usually don't get sufficient warning of Westbound trains.

I just happened to be outside setting up my camera at the very moment this locomotive came along.

Seeing the lone locomotive reminds me of the Hollywood movie, "END OF THE LINE", starring Kevin Bacon and Wilford Brimley, which I watched at the NET FLIX web site.

No comments: