TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, August 14, 2011

M-14 RIFLE

********************************
********************************
I'm grateful to the SECOND AMENDMENT TELEVISION web site for letting me know about this video.
 

The M-14 was MY rifle throughout my first two years serving in the United States Army!!!

It was issued to me at Fort Lewis, Washington when I began my Basic Combat Training at Company "D", 3d Battalion, 1st Brigade, where I qualified as a "Marksman", and again when I was taking my Advanced Individual Training in Field Radio Relay and Carrier Equipment Repair (MOS 31 L 20) at the Southeastern Signal School at Fort Gordon, Georgia.


In Kaiserslautern, Germany, where I was assigned to Company "A", 11th Air Defense Signal Battalion, 32d Army Air Defense Command, I improved my aim with the M-14 and qualified as "Sharpshooter".


When I arrived at the Phu Lam Signal Battalion in Saigon, Republic of Viet Nam, the Army's weird bureaucracy dictated that, as a newly assigned soldier, I would be issued my M-14 rifle, and then IMMEDIATELY turn it right back in, so I could be issued my M-16 rifle.

That had to be one of the most amusing and unexplainable moments of my military experience.

********************************
********************************

No comments: