TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, August 07, 2011

STILL LEARNING - - -

For the best effect, please be sure and watch my amateur video in "FULL SCREEN" mode.



Two (02) CSX locomotives pull a mixed manifest freight train eastbound on the old Louisville and Nashville Railroad track in Gulfport, Mississippi, just past the Anniston Avenue crossing, on Sunday 07 August 2011 at approximately 1600 Hours.

In recording this video, I'm standing on the balcony of my room, looking north, here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, and experimenting with the zoom lens of my tripod mounted Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 digital camera, which has a screen resolution of only 7.1 megapixels.

In this video, we miss hearing the locomotive whistle and/or the crossing gate bells because the train was moving too fast, and I was moving too slow in adjusting the zoom lens, which on this particular camera, must be set BEFORE any recording can begin.

No comments: