TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, October 14, 2011

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER - - - ?


********* WARNING ! ! ! *********

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

****************************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I wonder if anyone remembers seeing this show, and can tell me what the name of it was?

About a couple of zillion years ago, when I was a boy, I saw a show on television (which back in those days was in black and white), and I don't remember if it was a television program or a full length Hollywood feature movie.

The story was of some guys in the United States Army going through Basic Combat Training.

As I recall, I think they were all negro, and the drill sergeants were white, which means the story must have taken place around the beginning of the Korean War, or maybe shortly thereafter, because that's approximately when Army units first became racially integrated.

(I refuse to call them, "African-American", because the persecuted white refugees who were born in Africa and became American citizens are "African-American", and besides, when I was growing up, the term, "negro", was considered to be polite, whereas calling them, "black", was considered an insult.)

Anyway, one of the trainees was noted for being REALLY ignorant and incompetent, and as a result, he was always being teased and picked on by all the other guys in his platoon.

One day, as they were being trained on the proper use of hand grenades, the guys decided to play a trick on him.

One of them took a grenade that had the explosive removed, but still had the detonating cap, and began to clumsily handle it, suddenly tossing it at the unpopular negro trainee's feet, at which point, everyone in the group pretended to panic.

They expected to see the unpopular negro trainee also panic and take off running for his life, all for a good howling laugh for the rest of the group.

Instead, the unpopular negro trainee, with tears running down his face, dove on top of the grenade, and shouted over and over for the rest of them to get away.

Imagine their collective stunned reaction!

The drill sergeant then made a speech, but I don't remember what he said, nor do I remember what happened after that.

So, does anyone have a clue what show I might be referring to?

I'd like to see that show again, if I could ever find it.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee
Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."