TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"THE 'SCREAMING EAGLES' IN VIET NAM"

******************************
******************************


I just now saw this historic official United States Army documentary film posted at the FILM ARCHIVES web site, and just HAD to have it posted here!

After all, this was MY unit in Viet Nam.

For the best effect, please be sure and view the movie in "FULL SCREEN" mode.



"Been there, done that."

I entered the United States Army on Thursday 07 December 1967 and arrived at Cam Ranh Bay in the Republic of Viet Nam on Friday 12 December 1969.

At first, I was assigned to the Phu Lam Signal Battalion, part of the First Signal Brigade, located in the suburbs of Saigon, and later, I went to the 178th Maintenance Company at Dong Ha, part of the First Logistical Command.

However, in June of 1970, I officially became a "Screaming Eagle" in the 101st Airborne Division, assigned to the 501st Signal Battalion at Camp Eagle, located between Hue and Phu Bai, and participated in operations LAM SON 719 and LAM SON 720.

"There I was - - - ,"

Wow!

Can you BELIEVE I actually did that?

And, I'm still alive!

Wow!



******************************
******************************

No comments: