TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THANKSGIVING AT THE ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here is how we're observing THANKSGIVING DAY at the ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME in Gulfport, Mississippi.


ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME  
GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI
For a larger view that's easier to read, please click on the pictures.



I've even got my 2004 Ford F-150 XLT four wheel drive pickup truck decorated!


For a larger view, please click on the photograph.
Also, although it's not listed on the schedule, some local farmer is bringing his dog here for a visit.

How do I know?

Because there's a sign outside our mess hall that says, "BINGO Tonight at 1900".

"There was a farmer
Had a dog,
And Bingo was his name, Oh!
B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O,
B-I-N-G-O,
And Bingo was his name, Oh!"

May we all continue to be ever grateful for everything we have, including all those little unmentioned things we generally take for granted, and may we strive diligently to be more deserving of the manifest blessings so graciously bestowed upon all of us by our Heavenly Father.

And now, as a token of gratitude for all of our innumerable blessings on this very special Thanksgiving Day, I offer up this famous hymn.

For the best effect, please be sure and watch, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!), performing "FINLANDIA", as I accompany myself by strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar, which I created and posted in my room at the Ol' Soldiers' Home in Washington, D.C. on Friday 08 January 2010.



May God bless these United States of America.

Thank you.
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: