TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CLERK DECKS ARMED ROBBER ! ! !

******************************
******************************
We need to see more news reports like this one!

This remarkably unusual incident occurred just before closing time on Friday 23 December 2011 at the We Buy Gold store in Hendersonville, North Carolina.

For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching this news video in "FULL SCREEN" mode.



There are numerous videos of this incident posted all over the Internet, and I don't know where this one originated, or else, I would gladly attribute proper credit.

The best video, which was aired by WYFF-TV Channel 4 in Greenville, South Carolina, did not provide an embedding code to be copied.

I copied the text of this report from the CHICAGO SUN-TIMES web site, and wherever possible, I have inserted appropriate automatic Internet links. _________________________

HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina
(Associated Press)

Police say a would-be robber who demanded money from a store clerk got a fistful instead. And then he had to clean up his own blood.

Before the robber could run off with any cash, the clerk at the We Buy Gold store in Hendersonville punched him in the nose on Friday. Sergeant Dale Patton with the Hendersonville Police Department tells the Times-News of Hendersonville that 25-year-old Mostafa Kamel Hendi dropped to the floor.

The clerk, Derek Mothershead, told WYFF-TV Channel 4 about the robbery:

"When he came through the door, he told me had a gun and he even flashed it.", Mothershead told the television station. "I stood up and threw my hands up and said, 'Take the money.'

"I got the money and he had the bag out and instead of putting it in the bag, I stuck it out and said, 'Just take it.' So, when he reached out, I took a step in, I cocked back and preloaded and I hit him hard."

Mothershead said he grabbed the robber’s gun - - - and realized it was a pellet gun.

"When I pulled it out of his waistband, I started laughing", said Mothershead. "I said, 'Man, you came in here with a fake gun?'"

Mothershead called police. While they were waiting, Mothershead gave the man a roll of power towels, sprayed the floor with cleaner and told him to clean up his own blood, according to the TV station.

Patton says the clerk was on high alert because the store had already been robbed once recently. Authorities are looking into whether Hendi was involved in that heist.

Mostafa Kamel Hendi
Jail records did not list an attorney for Hendi. He was being held on $100,000 bond.

*****************************
*****************************