TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, January 05, 2012

"ADVANCE TO THE REAR"

******************************
******************************

Boy, oh boy, oh boy, once again, it's time to watch a movie!

One of my favorite songs is "TODAY", and ever since I first heard it, I've always wondered which movie it was written for?


NOTE:

I had the full length movie embedded in this post, but unfortunately, the GOOGLE VIDEO web site has just removed this video from the Internet, with no explanation.

Soooo - - - ,

Go rent or purchase the DVD, "ADVANCE TO THE REAR", from the AMAZON web site.

Then - - - , gather 'round your young'uns, pop some corn, send out for some pizza, pour everybody some frosty mugs of ice cold root beer, snuggle up on the big comfy couch, dim the lights, and - - - ,

"ROLL 'EM ! ! !"

Pass the popcorn, please.



"TODAY"

Composed by: RANDY SPARKS
1964

CHORUS:
Today, while the blossoms
Still cling to the vine,
I'll taste your strawberries.
I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrows
Shall all pass away,
E'er I forget all the joy
That is mine today.

VERSE # 01:
I'll be a dandy
Or I'll be a rover.
You'll know who I am
By the song that I'll sing.
I'll feast at your table.
I'll sleep in your clover.
Who cares what the morrow
Shall bring?

VERSE # 02:
I can't be contented
With yesterday's glory.
I won't live on promises
Winter to Spring.
Today is my moment,
And now is my story.
I'll laugh and I'll cry
And I'll sing.

******************************
******************************

No comments: