TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, January 08, 2012

CONTEMPORARY MASS MEDIA

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I used to love watching television shows and Hollywood movies.

But, alas, not any more, at least, not the current productions.

Even newspapers, magazines, and radio broadcasts have lost my interest.

After all, how do we enjoy "freedom of the press" when every news agency is parroting the identical government approved propaganda?

Having been fortunate enough to have survived this long (and, yes, in retrospect, I often do wonder how?), I can remember when life in these United States of America was quite different - - - , i.e., safer and more pleasant.

Way back then (especially prior to Nineteen Sixty), movies used to be entertaining, and fun to watch for the entire family.

Likewise, the old television programs were pure entertainment, whether hilarious situation comedies or good ol' fashioned shoot 'em up, bang! bang! cowboy shows.

There was no obvious political message or social conditioning that I remember.

By contrast, current productions by all of our contemporary mass media appear to be united in constantly promoting and perpetuating messages that are blatantly anti-White, anti-male, anti-Christian, and anti-American.

I stopped subscribing to cable television well over a year ago, and now have only a regular antenna for public broadcast stations.

Instead, I rely almost exclusively on the World Wide Web of the computer Internet for alternatives in information and entertainment, because the variety and sources of amusement and intelligence that are available seem almost infinite.

However, there's always the danger, which apparently is increasing, that the Internet is and will be eventually controlled by the restrictive forces of "political correctness", such as is already evident in the YAHOO!, GOOGLE, AMERICA ON LINE, and YOU TUBE web sites, among a rapidly growing list of many others.

Until very recently, I used to occasionally watch programs on my local public broadcast television, using a digital converter antenna.

But, I quickly lost interest when WLOX-TV Channel 13 ceased broadcasting the "THIS" network, and instead, began airing the "BOUNCE" network in its place.

When you see the sort of stuff that's aired on the BOUNCE television network, or is proudly publicized at the WORLD STAR HIP HOP web site, do you still wonder why some of us old White folks remain racially prejudiced against Negroes when viewed as a group?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with being racially prejudiced, biased, bigoted, or "racist"(?), for I consider such inner feelings, especially when reinforced by years of personal experience and general observation, to be natural survival instincts given to us by our God Almighty for our own protection.

After all, the reason we refer to so-called racial "stereotypes" is because they are so typical.

Now, as for the current Presidential candidate debates being aired - - - ,

To me, it appears completely orchestrated and meaningless, for I believe the Republican Party selected who their choice would be a long time ago, and all of this "debate" nonsense is nothing but show.

Thus, I don't waste my time watching any of it, and barely glance at headlines indicating results.

To repeat an unfortunate truism that is frequently stated, there's no longer any difference between the Republican Party and the Democrat Party, leaving the voters no real discernible option.

Are people REALLY that stupid?

I'm sure grateful that I live in an age of music recorded on compact discs, movies recorded on digital video discs, streaming video on the World Wide Web of the computer Internet, chat rooms, instant messaging, web cameras, personal web sites, personal video channels, digital video cameras, cellular telephones, and personal navigation devices.

Wow!!!

And every bit of that stuff, including the journey of humans to the Moon, has been invented or attained within my own lifetime!

Wow!!!

What a time to be living on this Earth!

I'm also grateful that I'm blessed with eyesight for reading books, ears for listening to music, and fingers for playing musical instruments.

I'm especially blessed with sufficient command of the English language (an increasingly rare phenomenon) that I can publicly express my opinions, and I'm especially blessed that I've been endowed by my Heavenly Father with the gift of music, being able to compose original material, and/or mimic, memorize, and perform the songs I've heard that I like.

Thus, even if deprived by circumstances of all of the advantages of modern technology, I can still provide much of my own entertainment and amusement.

And, for young folks, IF they are interested (but, why would they be?), my memories are a sort of living encyclopaedia, for I've "been there, done that", "seen the elephant", and can readily teach them of bygone eras of the old republic, "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".

Yes, my personal opinions are unpopular and controversial, but so what?

Whatever became of respect for education, creative intelligence, and independent thinking?

I'm very proud of being a native American citizen.

But, like the character(s) in the movie, "DOCTOR ZHIVAGO", I just wish folks would tell the truth.

And, why?

Because it IS so! 

Thank you. 

John Robert Mallernee 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: