TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, February 09, 2012

UNUSUAL WEB SITE ACTIVITY

************************************
************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Something unusual has been going on at my web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE", since last night.

In the past several hours, I've had over FOUR HUNDRED(!) visits, and every one of those visits was to see one item in particular, "OLIVE GARDEN APOLOGIZES FOR BANNING AMERICAN FLAG".

Gosh, gee whillikers, I wrote that article way back on Columbus Day, Wednesday 12 October 2011!!!

So, why the sudden spurt of interest now?

Did something happen yesterday that I didn't see in the news?

A while back, one of the guys here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home got mad at me because of that article.

He's retired from that restaurant chain, and was afraid he'd lose his pension if they were forced out of business.

But, it's not like anybody ever pays any attention to stuff I write.

A lot of other folks wrote about it, too, and if you search the Internet, you can see the stuff that other folks wrote.

Not only that, but Olive Garden is in trouble over other issues, too, for I just now looked it up.

So, what's the big deal?

And, why NOW, so many months later?

If you go to my web site, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and you'll see a revolving globe.

Each of the red dots represents a visitor, and current visitors are indicated by the flag of their country and the name of their town.

Of course, that count isn't accurate, because when I updated it, I forgot to update the count, which set it back to zero.

But, when I check the "STATISTICS" section on my blog, then I get a more accurate picture, but I don't think you're able to view that one, because I think it requires my e-mail address and password.

Anyway, I'm really surprised by all this activity, and I'm wondering why it's happening?

But, I think interest in that subject has now started to wane, for as time passes, I'm observing fewer hits on my web site.

By the way, yesterday evening, an eighteen year old man driving a pickup truck was hit by a freight train in Biloxi.

He survived, but was taken to the hospital for a minor(?) head injury.

How is it that people get hit by railroad trains?

I don't understand it.

It happens here over and over and over, and to me, it doesn't make any sense.

As I was typing this, I heard a train coming, so I grabbed my camera and ran out on my balcony to record it.

Look for it on my web site (due to uploading and processing, it'll be several minutes from now).

Yesterday, I composed another song for my Scottish clan, but I don't like it, so I'm going to either trash it, or do some more work on it.
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home

NOTE:  "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

*************************************
*************************************

No comments: