TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, June 22, 2012

HEAVENLY LAUGHTER?


*************************************************
************************************************* 
********* WARNING ! ! ! *********

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.). 

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

****************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space: 

As I was waking up a few minutes ago, I was toying with the idea of calling my brother to tell him a joke. 

While I mulled that over, I recalled reading something somewhere on the Internet about the basis of all human comedy being due to our mistakes, and therefore, in Heaven, there is no laughter. 

Wow! 

Let's think about that for just a bit. 

It kind of makes sense. 

After all, if you're in a perfect place where everybody is perfect, then where would we ever see mistakes which might cause us to laugh? 

Does anyone recall EVER reading anywhere in the Holy Bible or the Book of Mormon where either God, or Jesus Christ, or any of the angels EVER laughed? 

Maybe it's in there someplace, but personally, I don't recall having read it anywhere. 

Our scriptures tell us that Jesus Christ wept, but where is it recorded that He ever laughed? 

What would make Jesus Christ laugh? 

This kind of reminds me of an incident in one of my favorite novels, "THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN", by Mark Twain. 

Every time I read that book (and I've read it many times since my own boyhood), it has me uncontrollably convulsed, weeping, and rolling with unrestrained laughter. 

In one of the chapters, the widow Watson has adopted Huckleberry and is trying to "civilize" the hapless lad by cleaning him up, dressing him in nice clothes, feeding him, providing him with a furnished room, and educating him, all of which makes Huckleberry, our wild wayward waif, VERY uncomfortable. 

The widow Watson tells Huckleberry about Heaven and Hell. 

In Heaven, folks don't do anything but lie around on clouds all day playing a harp. 

Well, Huckleberry responded that Heaven sounded pretty dull, while the description of Hell was a lot more interesting, so he'd rather go to "the other place". 

Just writing that has ME laughing right now, and my eyes tearing up! 

In the Book of Mormon, we're taught that there must be opposition in all things, otherwise there could never be any progress and none of us would ever learn anything. 

If we never learn anything, then how do we ever grow and become like our Heavenly Father? 

If we don't do that, then why are we enduring the problems of everyday life on this mortal Earth? 

Yes, it's a scientific principle which we learned when we were kids in elementary school. 

Without the natural application of the scientific principle of friction, you and I could never crawl, walk, or run, nor could any of our vehicles move. 

Without sorrow, how do we appreciate joy? 

Without either experiencing or witnessing instances of sickness, injury, and/or physical and/or mental handicaps, how do appreciate youthful vigor and good physical health? 

Without either being exposed to, tempted by, or tormented by a knowledge of evil, vice, deviance, perversion, and sin, how do we grow to appreciate wholesome virtue, with purity of body and spirit? 

If there were no devil on this Earth, would we still worship God? 

Without ignorance and foolishness, how do we appreciate knowledge, intelligence, and/or wisdom? 

Without death, how do we learn to appreciate life? 

How else would we anticipate and rejoice in our own eventual resurrection and immortality? 

So, what do you think about all this? 

"In Heaven, there is no laughter." 

I ain't no edumicated expert, and I'll be the first to admit my own abysmal ignorance, due to a lack of formal education (a consequence of my ungovernable boyhood waywardness). 

Am I way out in left field? 

Are there any marbles left upstairs? 

Anyway, after writing all this, I think I've forgotten the joke I was going to tell my brother. 

Thank you.

Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507 

NOTE:  "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."
__________________________________
__________________________________

"Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven."

Mark Twain
__________________________________
__________________________________

In response to this post, here's a comment I just now received from someone who calls theirself, "Tennessee Hunter":

Four (04) references to God laughing:

_________________________________
_________________________________

So, Mark Twain and I were both wrong.

There IS humor in Heaven!

That's great, 'cause I'd sure miss April Fool's Day, huh?

But, seriously, I suspect those verses are a mistranslation from the original Aramaic or ancient Hebrew languages, for the average mortal father does not laugh when his children need correction, so why would our Heavenly Father (or any of us) laugh as His children suffer, no matter what their sin(s)?

*************************************************
************************************************* 

2 comments:

TN Hunter said...

Four references to God laughing.

Psalm 2:4
Psalm 37:13
Psalm 59:8
Proverbs 1:26

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS, in Vernal, Utah said...

Thank you VERY much for pointing that out!

I'll add this in to the post.