TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, April 29, 2013

CSX CHOO CHOO

*****************************************
*****************************************

For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording.



I had been shopping for goodies at Rouses Supermarket and was heading back to the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi when, while crossing the tracks at Anniston Avenue, I saw locomotive lights away off in the distance.

Oh boy!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ! ! !

This was EXACTLY why I had my camera in the cab with me!

So, I rather hastily spun that truck around (nearly colliding with oncoming traffic!) and headed over by the signal box to park, where I got out of the cab with my Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 zoom lens digital camera in my eager, but shaky hands.

Due to the brilliance of the afternoon sun, I was unable to see my viewfinder, and wasn't sure if the camera was recording or if my lens was aimed properly.

Anyway, here are two northbound CSX locomotives pulling a mixed manifest freight train from New Orleans, Louisiana to Mobile, Alabama on the old Louisville and Nashville Railroad tracks.

Oh, by the way, here's something a bit unusual which I thought was kind of neat - - - ;

Earlier, when I was driving to the store, I stopped at an intersection to wait for a traffic signal to change, and - - - ,

The Mississippi license plate on the back of my pickup truck (Mississippi only requires a plate on the rear of the vehicle) is a special plate featuring my award of the Bronze Star Medal.


The guy in the big sedan in front of me had a Purple Heart Medal license plate, while the guy in the white SUV next to me had an Air Medal on his license plate.


I thought that was kind of neat, the three of us there waiting for the light to change, each of us having the special license plate officially recognizing our military decorations.


The guy with the Air Medal (who also displayed United States Marine Corps decals) was quite excited, honking his horn, and waving his hand with a "Thumbs Up!" signal, as he shouted "Welcome back!"

Here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, we have one resident (whom I'm not acquainted with) who drives a gray Mercedes with a Distinuished Flying Cross Medal on his Mississippi license plate.


How do you like them there apples, hey?

More good news - - - ,

Today, I switched my computer's Internet access from Cable One to Senior TV, which is going to save me a ton of money AND give me about a couple of gazillion television channels to watch, with many of them in High Definition.

Nifty, huh?

How in the heck did I get to be so well off?

*****************************************
*****************************************

No comments: