TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A REALLY HANDY SOMETHING I JUST LEARNED

***************************************
***************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Maybe a lot of you folks are already cognizant of all things technical, but for me, this was a totally NEW experience!

Here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, when I checked my assigned mailbox downstairs, I found a sizable refund check from the local cable television company.

Now, as you know, I'm living here in Gulfport, Mississippi, but the credit union where my checking and savings accounts are is located in Ogden, Utah.

Well, of course, I'm glad to be receiving the money, but at the same time, I'm morosely contemplating the aggravation of filling out a deposit slip, addressing an envelope, stamping the envelope, licking the envelope, going downstairs to the letter drop, and then WAITING for several days until the deposit shows up on my computer screen.

Well, guess what?

When I went to my credit union's web site, I learned I can electronically deposit my check - - - and I did!

Ain't that super neat?

It was so simple.

All I had to do was place my endorsed check in my scanner, and just follow the credit union's step by step instructions.

Using my scanner, the credit union remotely scans the check, and then the money is immediately deposited into my account.

Nifty, huh?

Wow!

Well, it's just about time for chow in our mess hall.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee
Armed Forces Retirement Home 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

***************************************
***************************************

No comments: