TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WHEN YOU'VE BEEN PUT ON "HOLD" - - - ,

**************************************
**************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Whenever I make a telephone call to a bureaucrat or store clerk, and they make the mistake of saying,

"Can you hold on for a minute?"

or

"Can you hang on for just a second?",

Then I inevitably respond with,

"Uh, I'm trying to hang on, but my fingers are slipping, and I - - - ,

Uh oh, I'm falling!

Hel-l-l-p!

AAAAAAAAHHH - - - ! ! !"

Hardee, har har!

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

I've been doing that for years, and sometimes, I don't just do it over the telephone, but I'll even do it when I'm standing right in front of them!

Now, then - - - ,

Now that you've received adequate instruction, YOU go and doest thou likewise, okay?

Heh! Heh! Heh!

Thank you. 

John Robert Mallernee 
Armed Forces Retirement Home 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

**************************************
**************************************

No comments: