TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"TROUBLESOME WATERS"

************************************
************************************
For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!), strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar, while singing one of my favorite Iris DeMent songs, "TROUBLESOME WATERS", along with a copy of the lyrics:



"TROUBLESOME WATERS"

Written By:
Maybelle Carter,
E.J. Carter,
and Dixie Deen

VERSE # 1:
Troublesome waters,
Much blacker than night,
Are hiding from view
The harbor's bright light.
Tossed in the turmoil
Of life's troubled sea,
I cried to my Saviour,
"Have mercy on me!"

CHORUS:
Then gently I'm feeling
The touch of His hand
Guiding my boat
Safely to land;
Leading the way
To Heaven's bright shore,
Where troublesome waters,
I'm fearing no more.

VERSE # 2:
Troublesome waters
Around me do roll.
They're rocking my boat
And wrecking my soul.
Loved ones are drifting
And sinking in sin.
The treacherous whirlpools
Are pulling them in.

VERSE # 3:
When troublesome waters
Are rolling so high,
I lift up my voice
Unto Heaven and cry,
"Lord, I am trusting,
Give guidance to me,
And steady my boat
On life's troubled sea."

************************************
************************************

No comments: