TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, November 25, 2005

MOVIE CRITIQUE: "ALL MINE TO GIVE"

***** WARNING!!! *****
 
This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).
 
Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

********************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:
 
Here is a nice Scottish movie, "ALL MINE TO GIVE", which I just now saw on late night television, and it's also sort of Christmassy.
 
Here is an Internet URL where you can read about the movie:
 
http://www.moviepicks.org/movie.asp?MovieID=45
 
A true event, it's based on a short story, "THE DAY THEY GAVE BABIES AWAY".
 
The URL for that story is:
 
http://www.ipgbook.com/showbook.cfm?bookid=0942257219
 

The movie had already started when I began watching it, but it's a true account about a Scottish couple from Shetland who pioneer in the wilderness of Wisconsin during the middle of the Nineteenth Century.
 
Since I wasn't raised with any knowledge of my Scottish heritage, I did not recognize the movie's background theme music.
 
Maybe one of you all can enlighten me?
 
WARNING: This movie is old-school schmaltz, a genuine sentimental tear-jerker!!!
 
Thank you.

 
John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400
 
" - - - the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, and we in dreams behold the Hebrides."

No comments: