TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Movie Critique: "NANNY MCPHEE"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

It's been quite a long while since I've posted a critique of a feature Hollywood motion picture production, but I had to write about this one.

I just finished watching the movie, "NANNY MCPHEE".

This is a wonderfully delightful movie, and it is CLEAN, so families can enjoy it together!

I'm utterly astounded!!!

I didn't know Hollywood made good clean movies anymore.

They are so rare.

I had recorded this from the Home Box Office channel, in high definition, and I watched it on my wide screen television, while relaxing in my lazy boy chair.

Boy, oh boy, high definition and a wide screen is the way to go!

The techniques used in this movie were especially interesting, such as the liberally ubiquitous employment of truly vivid colors, with deliberately gaudy ornamentation.

I recognized Angela Lansbury, though not immediately, and I completely failed to recognize Derek Jacobi.

I didn't know he was in the movie until I saw his name in the credits.

What - - - who's Derek Jacobi?

Haven't you ever seen the "CADFAEL" series on the Public Broadcasting Network?

It's about a Medieval monk in England who solves murder mysteries, using his knowledge of herbs and potions.

As for the movie, "NANNY MCPHEE", I'll not tell you much about it or how it turns out.

But, I'm giving this movie my HIGHEST recommendation for families.

Yes, even lonely old soldiers like me can be moved to tears of happiness.

I was so glad I was all alone, so nobody could see.

I only saw one thing wrong - - - dare I mention it?

The children were not taught to say their prayers at bedtime.

But, that's part of the death of America, isn't it, to do away with ANY reference to God Almighty?

Ummm - - - the wedding WAS a religious ceremony, though - - - but that's telling you too much and ruining the story for you.

Oh well, other than that, it's a great movie, and I promise you'll enjoy it immensely.

Please pass the popcorn.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: