TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, November 30, 2007

A Scottish Christmas Carol

Mo Cinneadh Agus Mo Chairdean:

Here is a video of me singing a Christmas carol I composed.

"Nollaig Chridheil" in Scottish Gaelic means, "Christmas Hearty!", and is pronounced, "Nol-leek Kree-yell".

Unfortunately, the crackling flames of the fireplace on my television monitor are not being detected or recorded by my digital camera.

Well, at least, you get to see my Christmas tree, and I will still enjoy my crackling fireplace, whether or not my camera can show it.

For those who do speak Scottish Gaelic, I apologize for my mistakes.

Even though my Gaelic isn't correct, a Gaelic teacher said I'm permitted to use creative license as a songwriter.

Another Gaelic teacher did give me the more correct words, but the amended version wouldn't fit the rhythm of the music.

Tapadh leibh agus slainte mhath!

Is Mise Le Meas,

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: