TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Yahoo! Briefcase Ending

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

First, it was the free Yahoo! Photo service that got shut down, forcing me to purchase an account at the Flickr! web site, so I could continue storing my huge collection of photographs.

Then, America On Line stopped my free Voice Mail telephone number.

Now, we're losing yet ANOTHER freebie!

Do you use the Yahoo! Briefcase for storing documents on the Internet?

I've been storing all sorts of stuff in my own Yahoo! Briefcase.

But, tonight, when I was checking on some song lyrics, I learned that Yahoo! is shutting down their Briefcase feature on Monday 30 March 2009.

So, right NOW is the time to be downloading your documents into your computer!

I finished downloading all my stuff a short while ago.

It took me several hours of tediously poring over my folders and files, figuring which ones I wanted saved, and in what format and which folder.

But, I got it done, so I'm okay.

Do you notice a trend here?

More and more free Internet services are gradually being cancelled.

I'm guessing that in the future, nothing will be free on the Internet.

Or, maybe some of these Internet companies are in deep financial trouble.

Didn't Yahoo! just lay off a bunch of employees a couple of weeks ago?

So, what's the next thing that's going to be cancelled?

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: