TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Your Plans For Armed Forces Day?

***** WARNING!!! *****

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

********************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Pictured above is a copy of an official Department of Defense poster that you can print out.

Be sure and click on the picture to see a larger version.

This coming Saturday 16 May 2009 is Armed Forces Day.

So, what are YOUR plans for observing or celebrating Armed Forces Day?

It is appropriate for military veterans to wear their medals on Armed Forces Day, especially since our country is currently at war in foreign lands.

At the moment, I don't know of any parades or events in, or around, the District of Columbia megalopolis.

The administrative staff that operates the Armed Forces Retirement Home usually just ignores this day, and to the best of my recollection, we've never had any special activities organized.

Our mess hall menu doesn't indicate anything special for this day, and I'm guessing the mess hall staff is probably completely unaware of the existence of Armed Forces Day.

To be honest, I doubt most of the folks who live here in the Armed Forces Retirement Home are aware that this coming Saturday is Armed Forces Day.

However, I did see a poster advertising that the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception is having a memorial service, to observe both Armed Forces Day and Memorial Day at the same time.

So, I reckon this national patriotic holiday won't be completely ignored.

As for myself, I haven't got any plans, and don't really know what I'll do, as I seldom even leave the insulating solitude of my room.

But, I thought I might remind all of you folks, just in case somebody wanted to do something.


Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400


NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."


No comments: