TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, July 23, 2009

AN INCIDENT AT CHURCH

*******************************************
*******************************************
Clansmen:

At the moment, I'm sitting in the Uintah County Library in Vernal, Utah, typing on a public access computer.

I'm having difficulty typing this because of unexplained numbness in one of my fingers.

I thought you might enjoy hearing of something that happened here.

A couple of weeks ago, I was attending church services at the Ashley Creek Ward of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints in Jensen, Utah.

I was wearing my Clan Henderson tartan necktie, with the Clan Henderson badge tie pin.

A little girl in the pew in front of me turned and inquired if my tie pin was a Celtic symbol.

I told her, yes, it was the badge of my Scottish clan.

Her mother leaned over to her daughter and exclaimed, "You're really good!"

The girl was MacKenzie Gardner, eleven (11) years old.
I told her my clan would be pleased to hear this story.

Here in Utah, tomorrow, Friday 24 July 2009, is Pioneer Day, an official state holiday commemorating the arrival of Brigham Young and the Mormon pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley in 1847.

But, I'm also reminding folks that tomorrow is the largest gathering of Scottish clans in the entire history of the World, in Edinburgh, Scotland. 

Maybe, it'll make the news?

Slainte mhath!

Is Mise Le Meas, 
 
John Robert Mallernee
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400 

*******************************************
*******************************************

No comments: