TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, August 16, 2010

"LORETTA"



Words and Music by:
JOHN ROBERT MALLERNEE

VERSE # 01:
Loretta,
Are you the girl
Whom I have sought?
Loretta,
Are you the answer
The Lord has brought?
I have travelled afar
And prayed night and day
For loneliness to end
If God would show the way.
Loretta,
Are you the one?

VERSE # 02:
Loretta,
Have you felt heartache
Staring at the moon?
Loretta,
Have you been hoping
For a true love's croon?
I know how it hurts
To be standing alone
And envy the lovers
Who have found their own.
Loretta,
Surely you know?

VERSE # 03:
Loretta,
Are you the harbor
For which I sail?
Loretta,
Are you the keeper
Of my heart's jail?
Please don't laugh at me now
Because I'm looking for love.
You may be lonely, too,
And God is watching above.
Loretta,
Are you lonely, too?

VERSE # 04:
Loretta,
You make a minute
Seem like a week.
Loretta,
Am I too bold?
Should I be meek?
I don't know how to love.
But, I have waited so long.
The emotions I feel
Are hidden in this song.
Loretta,
Are you my love?

CODA:
Loretta,
Be my love!

No comments: