TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, August 05, 2010

MY HOME TEACHERS

Brothers and Sisters:

For a larger view, please click on the pictures.

This photograph is of Elder Steven J. Postma and Sister Kathy (Blair) Postma, from Sandy, Utah, the new full time missionaries from The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, who are assigned to be Home Teachers at the Old Soldiers' Home.

This photograph is of Doris Jones, a recent Mormon convert, retired United States Army nurse, and the vice commander of our local American Legion post living here at the Old Soldiers' Home, posing with Sister Postma.

We ate pizza and drank root beer, and there were even plenty of leftovers to send to the younger missionaries.

I told them all about my plot to overthrow the government, and they reminded me that, in spite of that, Jesus Christ still loves me.

Then, police responded, and in the midst of the violence, rioting, and panic, there was much sincere praying, as our subversive gathering was broken up.

Among the injured, were - - -

And thus, a good time was generally had by all!

Oh, by the way, guess what?

Our former Home Teachers, Gale and Becky Lim of Blackfoot, Idaho, the Postmas, and I have all toured Israel!

Ain't that cool?

This photograph is of me, touring Jerusalem in August of 1971, when I was a soldier in the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles", on a special leave from the war in Viet Nam.

Thank you.
Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C.  20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

No comments: