TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, September 11, 2011

"YEAH, I REMEMBER 9/11."

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

The following commentary, every word of which I completely endorse, was posted by Mike Vanderboegh at his SIPSEY STREET IRREGULARS web site on Sunday 11 September 2011:
___________________________
___________________________

"YEAH, I REMEMBER 9/11."


I remember when 3000 innocents were killed by Jihadis, and I am respectful of their memory. (No, I am not a "Truther.")

But mostly as I look back on the ten years since I am angry as much at the federal government as I am the Jihadis who killed innocent Americans then and continue to strive to do so now. I am angry because I also remember these things:

I remember that the Jihadis, ARMED WITH ONLY BOXCUTTERS, were able to get away with three of the four hijackings because they were operating in government-mandated victim disarmament zones.

I remember that, despite that, a scratch force of unarmed, no, make that DISarmed, American militiamen and women, foiled the targeting of the fourth group of hijackers.

I remember that the spirit of responsibility and resistance had by then been so bred out of the American citizenry that the Jihadis were able to succeed three out of four times. They counted on us being sheep and we proved them almost entirely right.

I remember that we were then told that this was a "War on Terror," not on Muslim Jihadis -- as if World War II was a "War on Blitzkrieg" or a "War on Naval Air Attacks at Dawn." I remember that we were told this by the government and the lap-dog media because the government decided it was politically incorrect to tell the truth.

I remember that the federal government -- of both parties -- used this as an excuse to rob us of even more liberties so that today the federal leviathan has even more power and we are fundamentally far less free than we were on 10 September 2001.

I remember that 11 September 2001 was, at its core, a failure of government and as a result we got MORE government.

Yeah, I remember 9/11.

I remember the blood, the carnage and the sacrifice. I remember the New York cops and firefighters charging into the twin towers. I remember Americans on Flight 93 rising to the occasion, even though disarmed by the government, to sell their lives as dearly as possible. I remember that armed citizens, passengers or pilots, randomly positioned on four mundane aircraft, could have prevented the whole thing, even had the Jihadis had firearms themselves.

Yeah, I remember 9/11.

I remember it as an abject failure of government for which the people -- then, now and in the future -- have paid, are paying and will continue to pay, the price of that failure.
___________________________
___________________________

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: