TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

BOUND FOR NEW ORLEANS

******************************
******************************

I recorded this video looking North from the balcony of my room on the Third Floor of the Central Tower at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, at approximately 12:33 Hours on Wednesday 07 March 2012, using my hand held Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 zoom lens digital camera, with a resolution of 7.1 megapixels.



Two (02) CSX locomotives, approaching Anniston Avenue in Gulfport, Mississippi, pull a mixed manifest freight train on the old Louisville and Nashville Railroad tracks heading South from Mobile, Alabama to New Orleans, Louisiana.

Note the newer (?) type of hopper car has no platform on either end, so it resembles a boxcar with no doors on the side.

Also, I suspect this particular train may have been a bit longer than the ones we usually see pass by here.

I apologize for the camera shaking, but my back was hurting really bad, and when I heard the locomotive whistle, there was not enough time to set up my tripod, so I just grabbed my camera and ran out onto my balcony.


******************************
******************************

No comments: