TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I BECOME SANTA CLAUS ! ! !

************************************
************************************ 
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space: 

At the urging of Russell Henderson, who is the editor of "AN CANACH", the quarterly newsletter of Scotland's ancient and honorable Clan MacEanruig, I decided to put on my Santa Claus garb long enough to take a photograph. 

For a much larger view,
please click on the photograph.
I used my KODAK "EASY SHARE" Z710 zoom lens digital camera, which has a resolution of 7.1 megapixels, mounted on my MX-2000 tripod.

I actually took two (02) photographs, but for some reason, the second one was dark and blurry, so I discarded it.

If you've ever priced a traditional Santa Claus costume, then you know they're VERY expensive, and often shoddily made.

So, since I exist from month to month on a very meager disability retirement pension, it was quite impractical to purchase a regular Santa Claus outfit.

Instead, I used the Internet to purchase red sweat pants and a really huge red hoodie.

I already had a Santa Claus cap, a nice pair of black suede leather moccasin boots, plus a nice Scottish military belt that I normally wear with my kilt, to attach my sword and dirk.

All I had to do was put it all together, hang the jingle bells from my belt, grab the great walking stick (Highlanders call it a "cromach"), and voila, I am SANTA CLAUS, with REAL whiskers!!!

Boy, oh boy, oh boy, but even without any snow on the ground, I had a WONDERFUL Christmas!

I sure hope you did, too.

You should have seen the bodacious FEAST they gave us in our mess hall today!

Wow!

By the way, even though I've waited all my life to be able to play Santa Claus, I doubt I'll be able to do it for very long, if at all.

You see, I'm hurting REAL bad, and can hardly stand or walk.

The local VA Medical Center has been running some tests, and this coming Friday, when I go in for more X-rays, they're going to measure me for a wheelchair.

I always thought all wheelchairs were the same size.

Anyway, Santa Claus doesn't sit in a wheelchair, and as far as I know, neither does a Highlander clad in a kilt.

So, I reckon I won't ever get to participate in any Scottish or Celtic festivities, either.

I don't know why, but the doctor says I will ALWAYS be in pain, and nothing stronger than what I'm already taking can be prescribed.

Oh, before I forget, I just checked the statistics at my own personal web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE", and as of this date, over one hundred and thirty thousand folks from all around the globe have looked at MY web site!

Can you BELIEVE that?

Wow!

A mere one hundred and thirty thousand ain't very much compared to other folks' web sites, but I still think it's pretty astounding, since I ain't famous, never amounted to much, and don't really know a whole lot about anything.

Thus, I'm feeling rather flattered - - - and honored.

So, thank you, and - - - , 

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !

************************************
************************************

No comments: