TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, October 20, 2013

"SUO GAN"

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Late last night (actually, during the wee hours of this morning, Sunday 20 October 2013), in response to one of my homemade amateur video recordings posted at the YOU TUBE web site, I received a very nice comment from an anonymous Internet user, located somewhere in the World, to wit:
__________________________________
__________________________________

"This song, you singing .... I would purchase on itunes....hint hint!!mamajumbojr
__________________________________
__________________________________

Interesting comment, huh?

For the best effect, please be sure to enjoy watching, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!), performing, "SUO GAN", a traditional Welsh lullaby, as I accompany myself by strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar.


__________________________________
__________________________________

"SUO GAN"
(WELSH LULLABY) 


VERSE # 01:
Hush, my dear one.
Sleep serenely.
Now, my lovely,
Slumber deep.
Mother rocks you,
Humming lowly.
Close your eyes now.
Go to sleep.
Angels hover
Ever near you,
Looking on your
Smiling face.
I will hold you,
Close enfold you. 


VERSE # 02:
Lovely darling,
I will guard you,
Keep you from
All woe and harm.
Softly, gently,
I will rock you,
Resting sweetly
On my arm.
May you slumber
E'er so softly,
Dream of visions
Wondrous fair.
I will hold you,
Close enfold you.
Close your eyes, baby.
Go to sleep.

__________________________________
__________________________________

The Welsh language version of "SUO GAN" was featured in the Hollywood 1987 major motion picture production, "EMPIRE OF THE SUN", which I personally consider to be one of the finest war movies ever made, a real emotional tear jerker which I very highly recommend.


I've always dreamed of marketing my talent, and becoming a "star", but I don't know how to go about it.

Also, if the awful truth be told, I lack the self confidence to properly promote myself before the public.

I reckon it's because I find it incredible that anyone would PAY to hear me sing my songs.

Also, in order to succeed in show business or the music industry, there's a lot of hard work required, and I'm basically just your average, ordinary, run-of-the-mill lazy bum.

Now, it's probably too late for me to do something like that, because of my health.

I'm in constant pain, with difficulty standing and/or walking, which physically exhausts and emotionally discourages me, and the side effects of the prescribed medication I take to counter the pain (which doesn't really work very well) only increases my physical inability while suppressing any self motivation.

I used to always carry my guitar with me, wherever I went, including scheduled medical appointments at the local Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in Biloxi, Mississippi, but now, I'm too weak to be able to do that, unless I want to start using the wheelchair that the doctor gave me.

Due to the pain and the accompanying depression, about the only way I can even force myself merely to continue rehearsing, let alone actually compose new material, would be if someone were present to give me encouragement, be my audience, and boost my lagging morale.

I'm very pleasantly surprised to see all the sudden interest in my own personal web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE", which, as I'm typing this message, has received 189,447 visitors from every country in the World.

My web site was averaging around a hundred or so visitors daily, but now it's more like about a thousand visitors each day, and you should SEE all the different countries that are represented!

Nifty, huh?

And, yet, I'm just a nobody, who's never done anything that anyone should take notice of.

I'm a fat old man, having little formal education, living all alone in an old folks home, in failing health, owning no property, with no family or posterity, and existing from month to month on a meagre fixed income.

Mox nix.

Xin loi.

But, I'm happy, and consider myself to be exceptionally blessed.

My goodness gracious, ain't that something else? 

Thank you.

1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: