TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BURBERRY POEM

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here is yet another poem written about ME!

********************

BURBERRY POEM
ODE TO JOHN


Whenever I dress up in plaid,
It seems to drive the men, just mad.
I wear my kilts above my knees.
I'm old, but do just as I please.
Though women frown and turn away,
The men all ask "Come out and play".
They think I will, but they are wrong.
I wait instead, to hear your song,
For when I do, it lights my fuse.
You're my official Scottish muse.
A soldier who can play and sing,
Well - that is damn near everything
A Jewish girl like me could want.
I also like your nice big font.
So in my kilt, I sing your praise.
You brighten up my nights and day.
But now I must run off to work.
The landlord knocks, I feel him lurk,
And I have many bills to pay.
But I'll be back to hear you play
And dream of one more special thing,
In person, I will hear you sing.

Robin Amy Bass
Official Bard of
The 57th Street Burberry Flagship Store

********************

So it won't get lost, I'm storing it in my YAHOO! briefcase and posting it on my blog.

Nifty, huh?

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

"My personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: