TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, February 09, 2013

POEMS ABOUT ME ! ! !

***********************************
*********************************** 
______________________

NOTICE:

This item was originally published at my "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE" web site on Sunday 26 March 2006.

When checking the web site statistics, I saw that somebody, somewhere, had just now clicked on it, which brought it to my attention.

So, I'm now reposting this item just to boost my own ego a wee bit! 
______________________

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Can you believe it?

Two (count 'em, folks, that's TWO!) gals I never met have written poems about ME ! ! !

Wow, gosh gee whillikers, am I ever in danger of getting a swelled head?

Well, maybe not, because I ain't young and handsome any more, and I never was any good with figuring out females.

Anyway, here's the poems:
______________________

THE DREAMER

You are the dreamer
And a dreamer of dreams.
To you life is beautiful
And you know what that means.
God gave you a role.
It's a wonderful part.
All you need is your voice
And a kind loving heart.
You've searched the world
And proven that it's true.
There are angels among us,
And one of them is you.
 


Christine Mele
(written several years ago)
_____________________

ICE BREAKER
I never go out anywhere
Without my old guitar.
I take her when I cross the street.
I take her to the bar.
I buy two tickets at the gate,
Although the cost is dear.
I never ship her underground.
I sweat if she's not near.
I seat her right beside myself.
When I am on a plane.
I pick her up and start to strum
When I am feeling pain.
I play a tune that's soft at first,
The next one will be loud.
The first one always is a drunk.
But soon, I draw a crowd
Of people who just stop and stare,
But sometimes hum along,
And in the end, they always ask,
"Sir did you write that song?
It makes me laugh or makes me cry,
Reminds me of my Dad!
I wish that I could do that, too,
The talent that you have.
I'm glad you broke the ice that way.
I feel a little shame.
I would have chose to walk right by
And never ask your name!"
Well, I just smile and strum a note.
I sing the same song twice
And hold on to my old guitar.
She always breaks the ice.

@Copyright March 2005

By Robin Amy Bass
_______________________

I thought I lost that first one, but fortunately, I found it on a compact disk.

I've now posted them in my blog, so they won't be lost.

Ain't this neat stuff?

No, I've never met either one of those gals.

We only know each other from Internet discussion groups.

Christine did hear me sing once on the radio, but so far as I know, Robin has never seen or heard me perform.

But, she sure did write a pretty accurate description of me and my guitar!

Boy, am I totally flattered!

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My controversial and unpopular personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

***********************************
***********************************

No comments: