TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, February 07, 2013

MADELINE DUBOIS' FIRST TRAIN RIDE ! ! !

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching these video recordings in "FULL SCREEN" mode.

This first video, recorded and posted at the YOU TUBE web site by her father, Daniel Dubois on Friday 11 March 2011, is of Madeline Dubois, on her third birthday, getting her very FIRST ride on a choo choo train in Nashville, Tennessee.



In the Summer of 1953, having left Grammaw's and Grampaw's house in Owensboro, Kentucky, Mama, my two younger sisters, and I took the Chicago, Milwaukee, Saint Paul, and Pacific Railroad, or more commonly known as the old Milwaukee Road, "Olympian Hiawatha" passenger train from Chicago, Illinois to Seattle, Washington, where we would board the United States Navy troop ship, the "USNS General M. M. Patrick", and sail across the Pacific Ocean to Yokohama, Japan to meet Daddy, a master sergeant in the United States Army stationed at Ashiya Air Force Base on the island of Kyushu.



What an exciting adventure for a seven year old boy!

But, in retrospect, I reckon Mama had her hands full trying to control three little young'uns, and me being a boy, I was probably her biggest headache!

On the train, we had our own private compartment, and Mama especially enjoyed relaxing in the train's famous "Skytop" solarium observation car. 

And, of course, here is an automated video series that I created, consisting of my own homemade amateur video recordings of railroad trains.



When I was a teenager in El Paso, Texas, I ran away from home and rode in the box car of a Southern Pacific "hot shot" freight train to San Antonio.

Years later, as a soldier in the United States Army, I rode trains in Germany, Japan, and Korea.

So now, I invite you to enjoy my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!) , as I accompany myself by strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar, while singing, "THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS".



"All ah-boooOARRRD!"

Thank you.

1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: