TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Introduction, Et Cetera:

***** WARNING!!! *****

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

********************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:


As the new kid on the block, here's my initial post to the COUCH POTATOES discussion forum at YAHOO! Groups.

Also, as this is a generic e-mail, I'll post it at my blog, and share it with other discussion groups I participate in, and with interested individual recipients, whose identities I've concealed.

I'm a disabled war veteran living in the Old Soldiers' Home, and several months ago, after years of no income, I suddenly received an unexpected lump sum of back pay from the Social Security Administration, plus a lump sum payment from a matured life insurance policy exclusively for disabled veterans administered by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.

Being suddenly (albeit temporarily) wealthy, I purchased a Proview RX-276 twenty-seven inch (27") high definition wide screen LCD television, which also functions as the monitor for my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion m7463w desktop personal computer.

Last Saturday, Comcast installed my high speed Internet and my high definition cable TV, with "ON DEMAND" and a DVR included in the cable box.

Nifty, huh?

So, this morning, I used the "ON DEMAND" feature to watch "TRACY ULLMAN" on HBO, and afterwards, I watched Robert Wuhl do his comedy routine before a college classroom.

Then, I did a GOOGLE search for Tracy Ullman's signature song, "THEY DON'T KNOW", and here are the lyrics:

****************
"THEY DON'T KNOW"
Composed By: Kirsty McColl
Recorded By: Tracy Ullman

You've been around for such a long time now
Oh, maybe I could leave you but I don't know how
And why should I be lonely every night
When I could be with you, oh yes you make it right
And I don't listen to the guys who say
That you're bad for me and I should turn you away

Cause they don't know 'bout us
They've never heard of love

I get a feeling when I look at you
Wherever you go now I wanna be there too
They say we're crazy but I just don't care
And if they keep on talkin', still they get nowhere
So I don't mind if they don't understand
When I look at you and you hold my hand

Cause they don't know 'bout us
They've never heard of love

Why should it matter to us if they don't approve
We should just take our chances while we've got nothin' to lose

Baby
There's no need for living in the past
Now I've found a love, I'm gonna make it last
I tell the others don't bother me
Cause when they look at you they don't see what I see
No I don't listen to their wasted lines
Got my eyes wide open and I see the signs

Cause they don't know 'bout us
They've never heard of love

No I don't listen to their wasted lines
Got my eyes wide open and I see the signs

Cause they don't know 'bout us
They've never heard of love

****************

Do any of y'all remember a television series called "THE GRAY GHOST", about the exploits of Colonel John Singleton Mosby, a Confederate guerilla?

When I was a boy, I always looked forward to watching that program every day after school on our black and white TV.

Sadly, such a program is no longer permitted in our contemporary "politically correct" society, just as the hilarious "AMOS AND ANDY" television series has gone into the trash bin for much the same misguided reason.

Other television programs I remember from my youth are "THE BENGAL LANCERS", "SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE" (a very short series?), "VICTORY AT SEA", "THE BIG PICTURE" (a weekly U.S. Army information program), and of course, "THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB".

When I was a soldier, we used to sing "THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB" song as we marched along in formation, but we only got away with that when there were no officers or senior NCOs in the area.

Being a kid, I thought "THE LONE RANGER" lived in Atlanta, Georgia, because of the Merita Bread TV commercials, and when our family was driving through downtown Atlanta, I saw the huge billboard signs at the Merita bakery, and I began eagerly looking around, hoping to see the Lone Ranger!

Today, my favorite programs are ALL of the "LAW AND ORDER" series, even though I consider their blatant attempts to force political indoctrination on the viewers to be an abomination.

Now, that I can watch the program in high definition, I can see my favorite actress, whom I'm madly in love with and secretly fantasize about, has three (03) WARTS on her face!!!

Bleeaccch!!!

Another down side of high definition was watching the live broadcast of President Ford's funeral procession at Andrews Air Force Base, which appeared REALLY lousy!

But, the live broadcast of the New Year's Eve festivities in Times Square was fantastically perfectamundo.

Why the difference?

Durned if I know.

Go figure.

By the way, if'n y'all will click on my signature, you can learn all about me at my personal web page.

At that site, I have provided links throughout the text to some of my songs, poetry, stories, and memoirs, and there is also a link to my blog.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: