TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Movie Critique: "BLAST FROM THE PAST"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just finished watching BLAST FROM THE PAST, a wonderfully hilarious feel-good movie, starring Brendan Fraser, Christopher Walken, and Sissy Spacek.

Do you remember the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962?

I lived through it, and I recall how frightened and helpless I felt, for it surely seemed as though we were indeed on the brink of extinction.

Imagine that circumstances caused you to honestly believe it was necessary for you and your family to enter your nuclear fallout shelter, and imagine that you are forced to remain there for thirty-five years.

Imagine you are a child born in that fallout shelter, and grow into an adult, knowing only what your parents tell you.

Then, you suddenly enter the modern world.

That's what the show is about, and it is great!

Yes, I do recommend you rent this video and enjoy an evening of popcorn and pizza with your family and/or good friends.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: