TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, August 10, 2007

Meteor Shower This Weekend!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Oh, no!

As I'm typing this, the clock indicates it's NOON!

Do you realize what that means?

At noon, the train pulls into Hadleyville!

Frank Miller is on that train!

"He made a vow
While in State's prison,
Vowed it'd be my life
Or his'n."

Uh oh.

Did you look at the calendar?

Friday the Thirteenth comes on a Monday this month!

(You do remember the old POGO comic strip, don't you?)

I just checked with the NASA web site.

During the wee small hours of Monday morning (which is when Friday the Thirteenth is this month), you can walk outside and view the annual Perseids meteor shower.

The meteor shower actually has already started, and lasts for a couple of weeks.

But, the most spectacular part will be around 0200 Hours on Monday (which is when Friday the Thirteenth is this month).

You also will have an excellent view of Mars.

I think I'll drive out into the country and set up my telescope.

It's best to view the meteor shower with your naked eye, but I will use my telescope to look at Mars.

I've got to get far away from Washington, D.C., with all its light pollution, traffic congestion, and violent crime.

So, in which direction shall I drive?

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: