TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Utah Coal Mine Disaster

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Concerning the disastrous cave-in at the coal mine in Huntington, Utah, there's a rather odd aspect of this that I've not seen anybody mention in any news source.

According to the news, three of the trapped miners are Mexican nationals, and their families, gathered at the local junior high school, do not speak English.


I want somebody in the news media asking the questions that are on my mind.

Are those miners or their families in this country illegally?

If so, was their language barrier a contributing factor in the mining disaster?

Do Mexican miners customarily work at a lower standard of safety and/or competence than their American counterparts?

Was the mine owner trying to save money by hiring illegal immigrants?

Maybe further investigation into this mining disaster should result in both criminal prosecution and civil liability.

I saw something else on the news that also aroused my suspicions, but I don't want to address that issue in a public forum.


Needless to say, if I'm noticing these irregularities, then somebody responsible also ought to be delving ever deeper into this case.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: