TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Watching The Space Shuttle On TV

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Are you using your computer to watch the NASA-TV live broadcast from the Space Shuttle and Space Station?

Using the new BETA program will require a plug-in to be downloaded and installed, which is what I did.

If you click twice on the image, it'll fill your entire screen.

The only problem is that the full screen view doesn't have as sharp of a screen resolution.

I reckon I'm spoiled, because I subscribe to high definition channels on my cable television.

It's expensive, but once you see the difference between a program broadcast in high definition, and compare it to a regular broadcast, you'll see why I'm willing to pay that extra money.

Boy, I sure hope NASA-TV gets around to reformatting their broadcasts, so the resolution will be just as sharp when viewed full-scale on a television screen.

My computer is connected to my twenty-seven inch LCD wide screen high definition television, and that makes NASA-TV a real show!

It's really neat watching them prepare for tomorrow's space walk.

Also, it's kind of nifty looking at Earth passing below.

This is almost as good as watching the original STAR WARS trilogy!

I ain't seen none of the more recent STAR WARS movies, so I don't know how good they are.

But, I reckon the sequels would never match up to the originals, as that is usually the case.

I wonder if our Space Station and Space Shuttle will be able to survive all the attacks from the UFOs and assorted aliens?

Just imagine standing in your back yard at night and using your binoculars to observe the battle in Outer Space!

I'll bet the National Areonautics and Space Administration never even thought to equip our astronauts with some ray guns, huh?

Gosh, gee whillikers, do you all remember when man first landed on the Moon?

I was a young Private First Class in the United States Army, stationed at Spangdahlem Air Force Base, in Germany.

I joined with a couple of airmen, Lonny Nordberg and Dave Peters, who were also my fellow members in the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, to listen to the historic space broadcast over the base's microwave radio station.

Boy, oh boy, that was so super neat!

What a memory!

Can you believe there's folks living among us who hadn't even been born way back then, and don't know what the heck I'm talking about?

Golly, gee, I reckon I've gotten plumb old, huh?

Do you believe intelligent life exists on other planets?

I do.

It's something that's taught in our "Mormon" faith.

That's one reason I like to use my computer as a volunteer in the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (i.e., "S.E.T.I."), continuously analyzing various data randomly collected from Deep Space.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: