TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, May 22, 2008

My New Frog

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now received my new sword frog from THE INNER BAILEY in Providence, Kentucky.

Now, I can hardly wait to wear my sword to the next Celtic festival or Highland gathering.

Unlike my old frog, this new one allows my sword to hang down below and outside of my Argyll jacket.

Of black leather, with nickel fittings, it was made especially for me by Harold Perrin and Susan McKenzie, who have manufactured Medieval leather goods for Broadway plays, motion pictures, television shows, reeactment groups, and festivals.

I was lucky to get mine when I did, because they've ceased taking any new orders, due to a HUMONGOUS pending special order for a wedding.

Including shipping, my total cost was thirty-three dollars and ninety-five cents.

I'm very pleased with this product.

On Friday the Thirteenth, I'm scheduled to attend the United States Army's birthday party at the Pentagon.

I haven't yet decided whether or not I'll wear my kilt to that event.

But, even if I do go there attired in full Highland regalia, I'm certain they won't permit me to wear my sword or dirk.

However, I did purchase an imitation sgian dubh (it has no blade) to tuck inside the top of my hose.

So, I reckon the next time I'll be wearing my sword will be the following day, when I attend the Potomac Celtic Festival in Leesburg, Virginia.

Actually, that is REALLY when the Army's birthday is.

I reckon the Pentagon celebrates on Friday the Thirteenth, so nobody has to work on Saturday.

Now, what I'm looking around for is a retired or active duty Marine sergeant to teach me the sword drill manual.

I've seen and read the manual on the Internet, but I want someone to walk me through it, step by step, so I can get it right, and be able to properly perform during a Highland regimental ceremony.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: