TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, November 21, 2008

Movie Alert: "TWILIGHT"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

TWILIGHT is a brand new movie which I have not yet seen.

But I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the story's authoress, Stephenie Meyer, is a member of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, and that's the reason the story is so clean, and safe for everyone in the family to watch.

She's a graduate of Brigham Young University, where she majored in English.

A review of the film is posted at the web site of Debbie Schlussel.

She says her only complaint about the movie (which she otherwise thoroughly enjoyed) was all the screaming and swooning by the audience full of school girls.

At the web site of the DESERET NEWS, in Salt Lake City, Utah, you might also find the movie review, plus the comments from readers, to be informative.

I almost never go to public theatres, so I reckon I'll probably see the movie when they show it on cable television.

But, it looks like you can gather 'round your young'uns and enjoy this film as a family activity.

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: