TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Family Photographs

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here are two (02) photographs taken in Norfolk, Virginia the day after Christmas.

Be sure to click your mouse on each picture, in order to view them at their full size.

In the photographs, I'm wearing my favorite shirt, which bears the insignia of the United States Army's First Signal Brigade, and proclaims, "Phu Lam Signal Battalion, Vietnam, '62 - '72".

The reason that shirt is so special (to me) is because just about the only guys who've ever heard of the Phu Lam Signal Battalion are the men who were actually assigned there.

I especially enjoy the memory of marching down Constitution Avenue in Washington, D.C., with my fellow veterans of the First Signal Brigade in the parade at the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Viet Nam Memorial on Saturday 10 November 2007.

When I marched in the parade, I wore my Scottish clan's tartan kilt and plaid, and my military decorations arranged on my jacket.

The gal in the photograph is my biological sister, Suzanne Eccles (we were adopted and raised by different families), and her son, my nephew, Paul Eccles, who was visiting from Kokomo, Indiana.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: