TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Movie Alert: "CORALINE"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just learned of a brand new major Hollywood motion picture production, CORALINE, which will debut in theatres Friday 06 February 2009.

At her web site, Debbie Schlussel, indicates this is one of the best movies of the year.

However, she's prohibited from publishing her complete review of the film until after it debuts.

Anyway, when I watched the trailer, the beginning sounded very much like parts from a children's novel, THROUGH THE SMALL DOOR, written by my sister, Suzy Serig, in Windsor, Virginia.

I wonder if she's aware of this?

According to the Internet Movie Data Base, the book, CORALINE, was written by Neil Gaiman, who lives in England.

Oops!

I just looked at the publishing dates of both books.

His book was published in 2002, and her book was published in 2006.

So, I reckon he wins, huh?

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: