TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, April 29, 2011

MUHAMMAD ALI SPEAKS

********************************
********************************
Be sure to watch this unique video from the YOU TUBE web site in "FULL SCREEN" mode.

Muhammad Ali denounces the odious practice of miscegenation, and for once, I find myself actually in agreement with him!



I am especially grateful to the NIVIOUS VIR web site for alerting me to this interview from the talk show hosted by Sir Michael Parkinson on the British Broadcasting Corporation, which aired in November of 1971.

Hmmm - - - , ah, the memories!

In November of 1971, when that television program aired, I was a soldier in the United States Army serving in the Republic of Viet Nam with the 501st Signal Battalion of the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles", and it was in November of 1971, that I went on Rest and Recuperation leave (i.e., "R&R") to Sydney, Australia, where I was the guest of a couple living in Manly, who had immigrated from England, as we shared a common faith, being members of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints (i.e., the so-called "Mormon" church).

He was a high school teacher, she owned a boutique, and their son was away serving aboard a submarine in the Royal Australian Navy.

Since Thanksgiving Day is only observed in the United States of America, and is NOT an Australian holiday, they arranged for me and two LDS missionaries from America to enjoy our traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner with an American family who was there from Portland, Oregon representing a book publishing firm.

Speaking of which, as I've been typing this (and being woefully uneducated, I'm terribly slow!), it is right NOW time for chow in our mess hall here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi.

There's apple pie for dessert, and I'll be certain to grab a couple of cups of vanilla ice cream to put on top of mine.

Also, I hope there's some of those smoked sausages left over from dinner.

********************************
********************************

No comments: