TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, June 02, 2011

ANOTHER FRINGE BENEFIT ! ! !

*******************************
*******************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now discovered another fringe benefit of residing here in Gulfport, Mississippi at the Armed Forces Retirement Home.

We have a natural built-in sauna!

I just woke up a little while ago, and staggered out onto the balcony of my personal quarters.

Boy, was it HOT, and HUMID!!!

My glasses immediately fogged up, and when I removed them, I could still see a slight hazy mist of steam upon the land.

But, it felt good!

The heat and the humidity acted just like a steam bath, soothing the pain in my muscles and bones.

Yesterday, I went to a funeral, and the organist played music which reminded me of my boyhood growing up in North Carolina, where our family attended the local Methodist church.

When I was twenty-one years old, I converted to The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, and learned that Mormons sing different hymns, so over the many passing years, I gradually forgot the Protestant hymns and the traditional American Negro spirituals of my youth.

As we were enroute to the funeral home, our driver pointed out her Episcopal church, and I saw a sign advertising their annual "Vacation Bible School".



Why, I remember the fun us kids had going to Vacation Bible School each Summer.

Did you ever go to Vacation Bible School when you were a kid?

Nifty, huh?

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee
Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

*******************************
*******************************

No comments: