TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

THIRTY-FOURTH ANNUAL SALUTE TO THE MILITARY

***********************************
***********************************
This past evening, Tuesday 23 October 2012, a group of us from the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, got all dressed up, boarded a chartered bus, and went a few blocks to the Mississippi Coast Convention Center and Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi, as guests invited to attend the THIRTY-FOURTH ANNUAL SALUTE TO THE MILITARY.

I thought it was a dinner dance, but there was no dancing. 

It was just dinner, with a whole lot of military displays, military band music, military ceremony, and speakers, featuring, Michael B. Donley, Secretary of the United States Air Force. 

The most enjoyable part of the evening, for an old geezer like me, was admiring all those gorgeous young ladies!

For the best effect, please enjoy watching my homemade amateur video recordings and the photographic slide show in "FULL SCREEN' mode.



 

Please click on this LINK to see the PHOTOGRAPHS at the SUN-HERALD newspaper's web site (which are MUCH better than mine!) and read their REPORT.

Recording video was difficult for me because my back was hurting and I was having trouble holding the camera.

As you can see, the camera also goes out of focus, and I don't know why. 

I purchased my Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 zoom lens digital camera many years ago at the Wal-Mart in Vernal, Utah, and of course, it's now obsolete, as is my Toshiba Satellite notebook computer.

If I had the money, I'd invest in a high definition video camera and a new computer that was high definition compatible.

But, I'm just an ol' guy living on a pension, so I don't reckon that's very likely.

Actually, I'm really wondering how I'm going to pay for my funeral?

***********************************
***********************************

No comments: