TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, December 29, 2012

FULL MOON OVER BILOXI

*********************************
*********************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space: 

Here are two (02) color photographs, in JPEG format, totalling 772 kilobytes, of the full moon rising over Biloxi, Mississippi. 

For a larger view, please click on the photographs.



I apologize that the photographs aren't better quality, but I'm experimenting, and still learning, plus unfortunately, my equipment is now comparitively obsolete.

One thing I've learned is that I must use my tripod when taking photographs at night, for my hands aren't steady enough.

Also, I learned how to use the proper setting on my KODAK "EASY SHARE" Z710 zoom lens digital camera, which has 7.1 megapixels of resolution, for taking photographs at night.

Furthermore, my camera has a zoom lens, which I should remember to USE once in a while, huh?

These photographs were taken while I was standing on the balcony of my personal quarters, which are located at the extreme North end of the Seventh Floor on the East side of Tower "C" at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi.

As time goes by, I hope my photographic efforts will improve. 

Thank you. 

John Robert Mallernee 
Armed Forces Retirement Home 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507
_____________________

POST SCRIPT:

Gosh, gee whillikers, I sure wish you folks could be here right now to see what all I'm seeing.

It's almost overwhelming!

Yes, it's late at night here in Gulfport, Mississippi, and I just walked out onto my balcony to see a train I could hear coming.

Boy, oh boy, what I saw was a whole lot more!

There's the full moon above.

There's the lit skyline of Biloxi and Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi.

To my right, there were the lights of a large aircraft over the Gulf of Mexico approaching Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for a landing.

To my left, was the choo choo train - - - , oh, not just ANY choo choo train - - - , but a freight train being pulled by two (02) CSX locomotives hauling - - - MILITARY cargo and MILITARY vehicles from Mobile, Alabama to New Orleans, Louisiana!

Boy, oh boy, oh boy, what an eyeful, huh?

But, because of the darkness, even if my camera were set up, it would be too dark to record a video of the passing freight train from my balcony.
________________________

Here's my latest photograph, taken Sunday 30 December 2012, in which I mounted the camera on my MX2000 tripod:


*********************************
*********************************

No comments: