TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, January 01, 2016

MY DARKEST HOURS

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
(Written on Thursday 27 October 2011)
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

 
_____________________________

On Monday 23 September 1974, Bonnie Lou Hansen and I were married by Chaplain George B. Young, Captain, United States Army, at Copperas Cove, Coryell County, Texas, and sealed in the Holy Temple at Salt Lake City, Utah on Thursday 02 October 1975.

 

I'm not at liberty to divulge specific details, but I'm currently enduring one of the worst, most depressing, and most emotionally agonizing moments in my entire life.

Due to a decision by the leaders of my chosen faith, The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, I feel like my entire world has just collapsed and all hope is now gone.

Because of my deteriorating physical health, I can't go to church, and no one from the Church ever comes here.

So, there's not a soul to discuss this with, and anyway, it wouldn't change anything.

What's done is done, and it cannot be undone.

The nights will continue to be increasingly ever more endlessly long and lonely, until my ultimate departure - - - , and then what?

Ah, but, we all must go through these personal trials, huh?

After all, that's life, and it's part of the reason we were placed on this Earth, to be tried and tested, in order to prove our worth and gain opportunities for continued growth and progression.

Here's a photograph of the house at 1375 Stewart Street in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah where she now lives, married to Thomas Matthews.

_____________________________

For the best effect, please be sure to watch, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!), performing, "I'M SO LONESOME, I COULD CRY", as I accompany myself by strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar.



"I'M SO LONESOME, I COULD CRY"

Written By:
HANK WILLIAMS

VERSE # 01:
Have you ever seen
A night so long,
When time goes
Crawling by?
The midnight train
Is winding through.
I'm so lonesome,
I could cry.

VERSE # 02:
Do you hear
That lonesome
Whippoorwill?
He sounds too blue
to fly.
The moon just went
Behind the clouds.
I'm so lonesome,
I could cry.

VERSE # 03:
Have you ever seen
A robin weep
When leaves begin
To die?
That means he's lost
The will to live.
I'm so lonesome,
I could cry.

VERSE # 04:
The silence of
A falling star
Lights up
A purple sky,
And as I wonder
Where you are,
I'm so lonesome,
I could cry.
_____________________________

These are songs I composed about my divorce, and the woman who I've never gotten over, although by her own choice, she now belongs to someone else.

For the best effect, please be sure to watch, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, this automated series of my homemade amateur video recordings of ME, performing my original compositions of, "SONGS OF BONNIE", as I accompany myself by strumming simple chords on my Yamaha G-130A classical guitar.



If you go to MY VIDEO CHANNEL at the YOU TUBE web site, and click on MY ORIGINAL COMPOSITIONS, you can see the lyrics to each of these songs.

Imagine, if you can, being married twice, first by the laws of the secular government, and then by your church.

Now, imagine, if you can, being divorced twice, first by the laws of the secular government, and then by your church.

"Double your pleasure - - - double your pain."

Thank you.

1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

3 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

Hey, I told you to come for a visit. That should help.

John Robert Mallernee said...

Brock:

Thanks for your generous invitation.

But, even if I could afford the gasoline to drive there and back, you wouldn't want me around your family coughing my guts out, or suddenly yelling out in the middle of the night.

Brock Townsend said...

We'll lock you in the guest room!:)