TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, June 29, 2017

HOORAY FOR ME ! ! !

*************************************************
*************************************************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

The folks at the BERKELEY OPEN INFRASTRUCTURE FOR NETWORK COMPUTING (i.e., "B.O.I.N.C."), at the University of California at Berkeley, have just now notified me that the WORLD COMMUNITY GRID web site has awarded me a virtual EMERALD BADGE for my computer's data analyzing in the MAPPING CANCER MARKERS scientific research program.

Yes, it's just a virtual award, meaning it isn't real, and there's no money, certificate, or fame to be gained as a result of this recognition.

But, still, it's kind of nice to get some slight appreciation, and to realize that I'm using my personal computer to contribute some good in this world.

Ain't it neat?

Also, I just now realized something else, thanks to something I read on the Internet about the Prince of Wales cavalry dress spurs that I wear with my uniform on appropriate occasions, due to having served as a Cavalry Scout in the United States Army.

According to what I read, away back in days of yore, being awarded spurs was the symbol of being officially knighted.

Jesus Christ is the King, correct?

Since we are all children of our Heavenly Father, then Jesus Christ is our elder brother, correct?

Thus, that makes me a prince.

My cavalry spurs makes me a knight.

And I'm certainly doing my best as a member missionary in The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints (i.e., the "Mormon" church) to fight evil and do good as I wander throughout this land.

In fact, a few years ago, I actually did serve as an armed full-time missionary for two years patrolling a Western cattle ranch, with a border collie, "Ringo", as my mission companion, just like something you'd see in a Hollywood movie.

Sooooooo - - - ,

I can truthfully say I am a prince and a knight here on a mission for our King!

Ain't that neat?

It may seem like a lot of hooey to some (most?) folks, but I do perpetually have to battle with my own low self esteem.

I started out life being abandoned as a baby and eating out of the toilet.

Then, in my adolescence, I spent years confined with hardened criminals, deviants, and perverts in state mental institutions, where I endured the horrors and terror of repeated torture, violence, and abuse.

It is a true miracle that I was able to overcome most of that, and was able to be of service to our own beloved United States of America as a soldier in my United States Army when others were refusing to do so.

However, never having remained in any of several colleges long enough to earn a degree, and never being able to keep any job (and they were really GOOD jobs, too!) for longer than a couple of years, and being divorced, with no children, are things that reinforce my feelings of personal failure and self loathing.

Since I am (and always will be?) still affected by those nightmarish years of pure hell, which left me feeling totally worthless, I need all the ego boost I can get.

Thus, I celebrate such a small, insignificant thing as receiving a virtual award on the Internet.

And, I really can take pride in the sudden realization that I'm actually a prince and a knight here on a mission for our King, just like the Crusaders of medieval times whom I admire!

Ain't it neat?

Hey, YOU can do that, too, using YOUR computer!

"I am Prince John, of the House of Israel, a knight here on Earth on a mission for our King."

Ashley Valley Shadows
VernalUtah  84078 
__________________________________

WARNING ! ! !

Please remember that EVERY message on the Internet, is routinely being intercepted and analyzed by the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY, the CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY, the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, and the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, and because you are reading THIS particular message, they are now watching YOU ! ! !  
__________________________________

*************************************************
*************************************************

No comments: