TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Denying The Resurrection?

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

When I first saw the news surrounding the excavation of the tomb in Jerusalem, I was so excited, I failed to notice that their touted conclusion apparently denies the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The scriptures tell us that AFTER the resurrection, Jesus Christ ate food and permitted His followers to touch His body, thus proving that His resurrection was physical, and not merely spiritual.

So, whose bones are in the "Jesus" ossuary?

Scriptures tell us that Joseph of Arimathea, a very wealthy and influential individual, donated his personal tomb for interring Jesus Christ, yet, Joseph of Arimathea is NOT mentioned in that excavation.

Joseph of Arimathea made his fortune from British tin mines, established the first Christian community in the British Isles (long before the Roman Catholics) and is reputedly buried at Glastonbury, England.

As for the family of Jesus Christ, yes, I do believe He was married while mortal, possibly to more than one wife.

I base that on a combination of scripture, ancient Jewish custom, and deductive reasoning.

Did the wife (or wives) and children of Jesus Christ flee to Europe?

If the family and followers of Jesus Christ were being systematically hunted down and murdered, then MAYBE the tomb in Jerusalem is part of an elaborate hoax intended to mislead pursuers?

Yes, the names of the individuals in that tomb were common names throughout the Jewish community at that time.

Also, since the tomb is situated on the outskirts of present day Jerusalem, then what did that area look like two thousand years ago?

Was the tomb located on the outskirts of Jerusalem at that time, or was it then located many many miles out in a remote area?

In any event, I'm still enthusiastic regarding the news of this excavation, so yes, I'm still very much anticipating watching that very special
television broadcast at 2100 Hours Eastern Time on Sunday 04 March 2007.

I like to learn all facts, even if a discovery seems to initially contradict my basic religious faith.

To me, truth is truth, and religion and science are not opposed, but will verify each other.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "
My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: