TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, January 10, 2013

FOGGY NIGHT IN GULFPORT

*************************************
*************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

WAAAAUUGH ! ! !

Here in the predawn darkness, the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi is currently immersed in a truly DENSE fog!

With all of the lights in my Seventh Floor room extinguished, except for those emanating from my fireplace and my Christmas tree, it is an OUTSTANDING view from my wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows!

It's really rather scenic and spectacular, as the lights around this building and grounds are diffused and reflected throughout the solid wall of thick fog.

I'm guessing a creative artist might enjoy painting a reproduction of this splendiferous vista.

Tragically, however, a railroad train came rumbling by a little while ago, and was lost somewhere in the fog, along with all of its crew.

One moment, the train was there.

But, in the next moment, it disappeared - - - COMPLETELY!

It was in such a fog that Jack, the Ripper, once stalked, and even now, if you listen very closely, you can barely hear - - - ?

Hark!

Yes, indeed, it's the faint screams in the distance of helpless females, coupled with shrill whistles and running feet of local police constables.

According to the old black and white movie (the title of which I've forgotten), one of the police constables was looking forward to his wife's supper of delicious kippers, when he generously invited a stranger into his home.


The constable and his wife were murdered, but,

WHO got the kippers?

Well, we know what happened with Eliza Doolittle and Professor 'enry 'iggins, though, don't we? (Wink! Wink! Nudge!)


(By the way, "MY FAIR LADY" is one of the most important movies ever made, because of its "spot on", accurate portrayal of the absolute necessity of mastering our English language.)

Of course, in a fog such as this, we can all rest assured that Sherlock Holmes, along with Dr. Watson, and the Baker Street Irregulars are diligently seeking clues to assist the ever bumbling Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard.

Do I hear a lonely hound mournfully baying?

I want a roast goose with plum pudding!


Well, it's almost time for me to go to the Veterans Administration Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System (How do you like THAT for a high falutin' title, huh?) in Biloxi, Mississippi, for my lab test and cat scan.

Well, I've never met a lab yet who was anything but waggledy tail friendly, so, I reckon he'll pass his final examination for obedience training.

As for the cat, I don't know what breed it is, nor am I clear on whether I am to scan the cat, or skin the cat?

But, I always like little furry four-footed critters, especially when they're between slices of bread, slathered with mustard.

Toodle-oo, Y'all!

1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507


*************************************
*************************************

No comments: