TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, October 06, 2013

STUFF TO MUSE OVER

***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here in my room at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, I'm VERY comfortable, and from my windows and balcony, there's an unbelievably FANTASTIC vista.

But, by not living in a regular house like regular folks, I do miss out on a few things.

Although legal in Mississippi, firearms aren't permitted at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, and so, being unable to wear my properly holstered revolver, I can't provide for my own personal safety, or emergency assistance to others.

I can't have the companionship of a wiggly waggly puppy dog or kitty cat.

As Halloween approaches, I can't give candy to little goblins, for they wouldn't be allowed to do any trick or treat soliciting here.

I can't buy Girl Scout cookies, because the Girl Scouts don't come here.

When Christmas gets here, there won't be any snow, and there won't be any carolers coming by to sing, nor will I get to go caroling in the snow, which is one of my fondest memories of bygone years.

I just finished eating one of my favorite treats, a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

When I make a peanut butter and honey sandwich, I have to eat it standing on my balcony, leaning over the rail, for the honey ALWAYS drips from the sandwich.

Why is that?

Am I doing something incorrectly when I make the sandwich?

Why do other folks enjoy amusement park rides, and I don't?

What is it that I'm missing out on which they seem to find so pleasurable?

Some folks enjoy watching sports on television.

But, I don't.

I find sports on television to be boring, and watching inevitably lulls me to sleep.

I love sports, especially football, but ONLY if I am playing!

I don't like basketball at all, because it moves too fast for me to figure out what's going on.

I don't know why folks enjoy collegiate or professional athletics.

For one thing, I think there's way too many rules and regulations in collegiate or professional sports, which ruins the spontanaiety and the fun.

Personally, I can't get interested because I don't know any of the guys, so I have no reason to cheer for any of the teams.

All of the team players are complete strangers, being mostly negro, and few, if any, are natives of the community they're allegedly playing for.

By the way, why can't white people choose to live and associate with other white people, if that's what they prefer?

Why does our own government (and even the Church) continue to insist on trying to FORCE white people to allow negroes into their midst?

Yes, I freely admit, without apology, that I'm racially prejudiced, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Today, I saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing, "THE CRUSADER'S HYMN".

But, they didn't call it "THE CRUSADER'S HYMN".

Are they embarrassed about the Crusades?

I'm not.

I won't apologize for the Crusades.

Another hymn done by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was, "GOD OF OUR FATHERS".

But, they failed to identify it as our official national hymn.

Also, they omitted the trumpet fanfare which normally precedes that song.

Is it too American, and/or is it too militant?

Do they find that embarrassing?

Do you remember when Mitt Romney was campaigning for election to President of the United States of America?

He's a Mormon, just as I am, but he was apologetic and embarrassed about Church history.

On the other hand, I do NOT apologize, nor am I the least bit embarrassed by polygamy, denying negroes ordination to the Priesthood, nor even the Mountain Meadows massacre.

Well, for whatever it's worth, those are just some things I think about.

Thank you.

1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 

***********************************************************
***********************************************************

No comments: